This page may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer for more information. Always drink responsibly and adhere to your local legal drinking age.
If you are as big of a fan of Tuaca as we are, you will want to try this Tuaca Lemon Drop Shot Recipe today! This is a fun and modern take on the classic vodka based Lemon Drop.
The added hints of vanilla and citrus from the Tuaca really bring this cocktail to a whole new level of taste that is sure to not disappoint.
What is in a Tuaca Lemon Drop Shot?
This cocktail combines Tuaca, Lemon Juice, and Sugar to make a sweet and tasty and easy to make drink.
- Tuaca – A Brandy based liqueur from Italy. It has a unique taste of vanilla and citrus with hints of butterscotch and figs.
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice is always the preferred method for maximum deliciousness with this cocktail. In a hurry, store bought lemon juice will also taste great in this recipe.
- Simple Syrup – Simple syrup is a combination of sugar and water. This sweetens the drink and saves you time with getting sugar crystals to dissolve while preparing the cocktail. Simple syrup can be easily made at home by heating equal parts water and sugar until dissolved.
- Lemon Wheel – Presentation is key to take this shot to the next level. This adds a nice touch and will give you picture worthy presentation. The lemon wheel can be substituted with a lemon wedge.
- Ice – This is used in the cocktail shaker to rapidly cool the drink, but is strained out of the final drink.
The Tuaca Lemon Drop Shot can also be made with Sweet and Sour Mix and citrus liqueur Triple Sec, but we believe that the fresh ingredients in this recipe make for a better and more enjoyable experience.
How to Make a Tuaca Lemon Drop Shot (4 Easy Steps)
Making a delicious Tuaca Lemon Drop Shot is easy. All you need is the ingredients, a shot glass, and cocktail shaker.
Add Ice, Tuaca, Lemon Juice, and Simple Syrup to Cocktail Shaker.
Shake Until Cocktail is Cooled.
Strain Into Shot Glass.
Garnish with Lemon Wheel and Enjoy.
Tasty Tuaca Lemon Drop Shot
- Cocktail Shaker
- Shot Glass
- 3/4 oz Tuaca
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice Fresh
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Lemon Wheel
- Add Ice, Tuaca, Lemon Juice, and Simple Syrup to Cocktail Shaker
- Shake Until Ingredients are Fully Mixed and Chilled (10-15 Seconds)
- Strain into Shot Glass
- Garnish with Lemon Wheel
- You can make simple syrup at home by combining equal parts water and sugar and heating in a pot until sugar is fully dissolved. Cool and Serve.
- For a sweeter shot try adding a sugar rim to the shot glass.
Similar Cocktail Recipes
The Classic Lemon Drop Shot is a tasty cocktail. It is sweet and similar to drinking lemonade. The main difference is that the Classic Lemon Drop Shot uses vodka instead of Tuaca as in this recipe.
The French 75 is a classic gin based cocktail. This drink expertly combines gin, lemon, sugar, and champagne to create an experience that has been enjoyed for generations.
Sour and lemon fans will definitely want to try this Vodka Sour Cocktail. This drink has a lighter alcohol taste than the traditional Whiskey Sour. Lemon takes center stage in this drink, and is complimented perfectly with bitters and a light foam.
The Fitzgerald is a modern gin cocktail, which is similar to a traditional sour. Lemon lovers will enjoy this light and refreshing drink.