About the Vodka Sour
The Vodka Sour is a variation of the classic Whiskey Sour cocktail. This drink has both sweet and sour elements to it. It also uniquely uses egg whites to create a frothy topping of white foam at the top of the drink.
Vodka Sour Recipe
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Lemon Juice
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Egg White
- Maraschino Cherry (Optional Garnish)
- Lemon Wedge (Optional Garnish)
- Rosemary (Optional Garnish)
- Add Vodka, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup, Angostura Bitters, the Egg White to the Cocktail Shaker (don’t add ice yet).
- Shake vigorously for around 15 seconds. This will help turn the Egg White into delicious foam.
- Add Ice and shake cocktail for another 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a Rocks Glass.
- (Optional) Garnish with Maraschino Cherry, Lemon Wedge, and Rosemary.
- You can substitute 2 tablespoons of aquafaba for an egg free option.
- Try adding some grenadine to add a cherry flavor to your vodka sour.