This page may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer for more information. Always drink responsibly and adhere to your local legal drinking age.
The Enzoni Cocktail is a true modern classic that will impress your guests! This gin-based drink is perfect for any occasion and is a fun and delicious take on some of your favorite classic cocktails!
This article will discuss the Enzoni Cocktail’s history and how to make it yourself. So, if you are looking for a new cocktail to add to your repertoire, then be sure to give the Enzoni Cocktail a try. It is easy to make, and it tastes great!
What is an Enzoni Cocktail?
The Enzoni is a gin-based cocktail that was created in the early 2000s. It is a modern play on the classic Negroni or Gin Sour. It is a wonderful blend of alcohol, fresh grapes, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. The Enzoni Cocktail is expertly garnished with fresh green grapes and is served chilled.
History of the Enzoni Cocktail
The Enzoni was created by Vincenzo Errico in the early 2000s. Vincenzo was trained at the famed Milk & Honey bar in NYC by the legendary Dick Bradsell. This newly crafted cocktail recipe offered a new twist on some of our favorite classic cocktails.
The Enzoni Cocktail quickly became a favorite among bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts alike. It is now a very popular cocktail worldwide and is quickly making waves among the drinking community. Bartender Vincenzo Errico also created the increasingly popular Red Hook cocktail.
What Does it Taste Like?
Are you wondering what an Enzoni cocktail tastes like? Well, get ready to be swooned away by its incredible flavor profile. With just the right sweetness and an earthy herbal note, the Enzoni cocktail perfectly balances bitter and refreshing.
Combining gin, Campari, and grape juice creates an explosion of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The gin adds a floral aroma, while the Campari lends a bitter-sweet note that complements the grape juice’s tanginess and rich flavor. It is similar to a Negroni, but the sweet vermouth comes in the form of muddled green grapes.
The overall taste leaves a pleasant aftertaste, making you want another sip. So, are you ready to indulge in a drink that will awaken your senses? You really need to try an Enzoni cocktail today and let it transport you to another level of sensory experience.
- Gin – For this recipe, we recommend you use a London dry gin, such as Beefeater or Bombay Sapphire, but any quality gin will taste amazing in this drink.
- Campari is an iconic Italian bitter orange liqueur that gives the drink its bright red color.
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice is always the best option for cocktails and will take it to the next level of tastiness.
- Green Grapes – You will need fresh, seedless grapes for this recipe. These are used both as a main ingredient and as a garnish.
- Simple Syrup – This sugary mixture helps balance the tartness and adds a touch of sweetness. Can’t find simple syrup; it’s easy to make at home. Heat equal parts water and sugar in a pot until fully dissolved; let cool, and enjoy!
Bar Tools Needed
- Cocktail Shaker – This is used to mix all ingredients and help to chill the drink properly. A cocktail shaker is a must-have for any bar collection.
- Jigger or Measuring Cup – Ensure you add the correct amount of each ingredient to create a perfectly balanced masterpiece.
- Cocktail Strainer (Hawthorne Strainer) helps strain the drink’s ice and fine grape pulp. This is unnecessary if you have a cocktail shaker with a built-in strainer.
- Rocks Glass – The rocks glass is one of the most versatile cocktail glasses, so we recommend always having some on hand. For added appeal, we recommend adding a large and clear ice cube to impress your company.
- Muddler – This is used to press or muddle grapes to release their juice and extract their wonderful flavor. The muddler is a versatile bar tool commonly used in the famous Mojito.
- Cocktail Skewers – You will need these to skewer the grapes for an expert-level garnish.
How to Make an Enzoni Cocktail (3 Easy Steps)
Now that you know what is in the cocktail, let’s learn how to make it with these three simple-to-follow instructions:
- First, muddle the grapes in the base of a cocktail shaker to release the juices and gently break up the skins.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake with ice vigorously for about 30 seconds until well mixed and chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass, garnish with skewered grapes, and enjoy!
Here are a few pro tips to help make your Enzoni Cocktail even better:
- If you don’t have a muddler, you can press the grapes with the back of a wooden spoon.
- You can substitute honey or agave nectar if you don’t have simple syrup.
- Add a couple of drops of grapefruit bitters to the drink for an extra refreshing twist.
If you enjoyed the Enzoni, then you will definitely want to try one of these similar cocktail recipes:
- Negroni – This classic cocktail is made with gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth.
- Americano – Another classic cocktail that is very similar; it is made with Campari, sweet vermouth, and club soda.
- Boulevardier – A bourbon-based cocktail that is made with Campari and sweet vermouth.
- Gin Sour – This classic favorite is made with gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. An Enzoni is similar to with a gin sour, where the sweet vermouth is replaced with green grapes.
Enzoni Cocktail Recipe
Best Enzoni Cocktail Recipe: Delicious Modern Classic
- Cocktail Shaker
- Hawthorne Strainer
- Rocks Glass
- Cocktail Skewer
- 1 oz Gin Dry
- 1 oz Campari
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice Fresh
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 7 Green Grapes (2 for garnish)
- Add 5 Grapes to Cocktail Shaker and Muddle Until Juice is Released and Skin is Gently Broken
- Add Gin, Campari, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup and Ice to Cocktail Shaker
- Shake Vigorously Until Ingredients are Well Mixed and Chilled (Around 30 Seconds)
- Strain into Ice Filled Rocks Glass
- Garnish with Skewered Grapes and Enjoy!
Final Cocktail Thoughts
The Enzoni Cocktail is a true modern masterpiece that will be a classic for many years! A refreshing, flavorful, and easy-to-make beverage that will delight your taste buds. Whether you are a seasoned bartending professional or a home cocktail enthusiast, this is one of the recipes that you will want to add to your repertoire. So, grab your ingredients, invite some friends, and enjoy this delicious cocktail! Cheers!
Delicious Cocktail Recipes
- Negroni – If you loved the Enzoni, you will want to try this original classic. This variation with sweet vermouth is sure to please the senses!
- Scofflaw – With its lawless roots, having been created during prohibition, this classic whiskey cocktail will brighten any party.
- Campari Spritz – A nice light and refreshing cocktail, the Campari Spritz is perfect for any occasion.