This page may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer for more information. Always drink responsibly and adhere to your local legal drinking age.
Looking for a refreshing cocktail to enjoy during the hot summer months? Look no further than the Campari Spritz!
This drink is light, refreshing, and perfect for sipping on a patio or by the pool. The best part? It’s easy to make!
In this blog post, we will teach you how to make a Campari Spritz using just three simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Get started today and enjoy a delicious drink that will help you cool down in no time!
What’s a Campari Spritz?
A Campari Spritz is a refreshing and light cocktail that’s perfect for summertime sipping. This drink is made with just three simple ingredients: Campari, Prosecco, and sparkling water.
The Campari Spritz recipe is a popular drink in Italy, where it originated. It’s often served as an aperitif, or pre-dinner drink, to help stimulate the appetite.
What does the Campari Spritz Taste Like?
This Campari Spritz recipe has a slightly bitter taste, thanks to the Campari. But don’t let that deter you! The other two ingredients help to balance out the bitterness and give it a citrusy flavor with a touch of sweetness, making for a refreshing and delicious drink.
Is the Campari Spritz a Good Drink?
We think so! This drink is perfect for summertime sipping. It’s refreshing, easy to make, and can be enjoyed by just about anyone. So whether you’re looking for a new cocktail to enjoy on your next patio party or you want to find a drink that will help you cool down on a hot summer day, the Campari Spritz is a great choice!
Campari Spritz Ingredients
Like we said earlier this cocktail only contains three simple ingredients. All you need is:
- Campari – This is a slightly bitter Italian liqueur that gives the drink its signature flavor
- Sparkling Wine – For this recipe we recommend a nice Prosecco or Champagne.
- Soda Water – This will help to cut the sweetness of the wine and balance out the drink.
- Lemon Wedge – This is for garnish and to add a little extra flavor.
-Ice cubes – For best presentation try using clear or large ice cubes. A nice rocks glass with ice will have your guests talking about this drink for a while to come.
Now that you know what ingredients you need, let’s get started on making this delicious summer cocktail!
What is Campari?
Campari is a slightly bitter Italian liqueur that gives the drink its signature flavor. It is made with a blend of herbs, fruits, and spices.
This is often drank as an Italian aperitif, or pre-dinner drink, to help stimulate the appetite, so you can have a more enjoyable meal. It is also a popular ingredient in many cocktails in Italy, such as the Negroni and the Americano.
What is the Difference Between Campari and Aperol?
While Campari and Aperol are both bitter Italian liqueurs, there are a few key differences between the two.
First, Campari is made with a blend of herbs, fruits, and spices, while Aperol is made with oranges, herbs, and vanilla.
Second, Campari is darker in color and has a more bitter taste, while Aperol is lighter in color and has a sweeter orange taste.
Finally, Campari is usually served as an aperitif, while the other is often used as an ingredient in cocktails. A very popular cocktail is the Aperol spritz, from which this Campari spritz recipe is based off of.
Bar Tools Needed
This is an easy cocktail to make, and you will only need the following basic bar tools. Just make sure you have the following:
- Rocks glass – While most recipes call for a wine glass, a rocks glass really elevates the presentation of this cocktail and makes it feel like something special.
- Jigger – This is a small measuring cup that will help you to measure out the ingredients.
- Bar spoon – This is a long spoon that is used to stir cocktails and a must have for any bar collection.
How to make a Campari Spritz Cocktail?
Now that you know what ingredients you need and what tools you need, it’s time to get started on making your own!
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
– Fill your rocks glass with ice cubes
– Add Campari and stir gently until chilled
– Add the sparkling wine and top it off with soda water
– Garnish with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
And that’s it! You’ve now made your very own Campari Spritz.
Can I make the Campari Spritz in advance?
We do not recommend you make this cocktail ahead of time. The sparkling wine and soda water will go flat and the drink will lose its effervescence.
However, you can make a big batch of the Campari spritz without the sparkling wine and soda water. Simply add those ingredients when you’re ready to serve.
This cocktail is best enjoyed immediately after it is made.
How Best to Serve a Campari Spritz
This is a very refreshing drink that is best served during warm weather months. It is also best enjoyed outdoors, on a patio or deck with friends.
The Campari Spritz is the perfect cocktail for summertime entertaining! Although, we recommend drinking this during warm weather, it is a very versatile drink that can be enjoyed on any occasion. You can easily adapt it to any season by adding seasonal fruits or garnishes.
Bar Tender Tips for a Perfect Cocktail
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect Campari Spritz:
– Use fresh ingredients – This will make all the difference in the taste of your cocktail. Nobody wants to use flat Prosecco.
– Use a good quality sparkling wine – We recommend using a bubbly Prosecco or Champagne. Chill them ahead of time for a crisper flavor.
– Use a good quality soda water – We recommend using a Fever Tree or LaCroix. You can also use a nice club soda.
– Squeeze the juice out of the lemon wedge – This will help to balance out the sweetness of the drink.
– Gently stir the drink with a bar spoon – This will help to mix the ingredients and maintain the bubbly goodness.
-If it is too sour or bitter for your liking, try using a slice of orange or a splash of orange juice to balance out the cocktail.
Other Spritz Cocktails
There are many other types of spritz cocktails out there, and we encourage you to experiment and find the perfect one for you!
Here are a few other cocktails to try:
- Aperol Spritz – This is the most classic of this style of cocktails, gently balancing the sweet Prosecco in a fantastic glass.
- Rose Spritz – This is a beautiful and romantic cocktail that is perfect for date night.
- Peach Bellini – This is a delicious and refreshing cocktail that is perfect for summertime. It has a light peach taste that is perfect for sipping on a hot day.
- Cherry Blossom Spritz – This is a beautiful cocktail that has a delicate cherry blossom flavor.
Any of these cocktails would be perfect for your next gathering and will are so delicious you will want to try them all! You can create your own recipes by adding ingredients such as an orange to make a sweet and bubbly experience
Campari Spritz Recipe
Campari Spritz Recipe: Refreshing Cocktail
- Rocks Glass
- Bar Spoon
- 2 oz Campari
- 3 oz Sparkling Wine Prosecco or Champagne
- 1 oz Soda Water
- Lemon Wedge (garnish)
- Fill Rocks Glass with Ice
- Add Campari and Sparkling Wine
- Top with Soda Water and Stir Gently
- Garnish with Lemon Wedge
We hope you enjoyed learning about the Campari Spritz recipe and that you will enjoy making it for your next gathering!
This refreshing cocktail is perfect for summertime, but can be enjoyed all year long. Be sure to experiment with different fruits and garnishes to create a unique twist on this classic cocktail.
Refreshing Cocktail Recipes
Now that you have tried this delicious and refreshing recipe, here are some other ones we thought you would enjoy:
- Negroni – This is the ultimate and most popular cocktail that contains Campari. If you loved this recipe we highly recommend you try this next!
- Vodka Press – The Vodka Press is another refreshing and easy to make cocktail for those warm summer days. A nice and crisp cocktail with lime and vodka.
- Dirty Shirley – Based on everyone’s childhood favorite drink, this adult version will be sure to delight and became a new favorite.