Looking for a delicious drink to enjoy this summer? Look no further than the Key Lime Pie Martini! This drink is refreshing and flavorful, and it’s sure to be a hit at your next party.
In this article, we will share the recipe for this delicious cocktail. So gather your ingredients and get ready to make some martinis!
What is Key Lime Pie?
Key lime pie is a dessert that originated in Key West, Florida (Florida Keys). It is made with Key lime juice, which is a type of citrus fruit. The pie is usually made with a graham cracker crust and topped with whipped cream or meringue. Key lime pie is traditionally served with a slice of lime on top.
What’s in a Key Lime Pie Martini?
The key lime pie martini is a refreshing and flavorful drink that is perfect for summer. This cocktail is made with vanilla vodka, key lime juice, pineapple juice, heavy cream and graham cracker crumbs. The vanilla vodka and pineapple juice gives the drink its sweetness, while the graham cracker crumbs add a bit of crunch.
This chilled key lime pie martini is garnished with a key lime wheel and graham crackers, making it the perfect drink to enjoy on a hot summer day.
What Does a Key Lime Martini Taste Like?
The Key lime martini is a refreshing and flavorful cocktail. The Key lime flavor comes from the lime juice, which also gives the drink its tartness and tangy flavor , while the heavy cream and vanilla vodka makes it smooth and creamy. The crushed graham crackers add a bit of crunch to the drink, making it an enjoyable and tasty summertime treat.
In short, the key lime pie martinis taste like everyone’s favorite summertime dessert. So, if you love key lime pie, this will be the best of any of the dessert cocktails.
What is a Key Lime?
A key lime is a type of citrus fruit that is native to Key West, Florida. The fruit is small and has a sour taste. Key limes are used to make Key lime pie, which is a dessert that is made with lime juice, eggs, and sweetened condensed milk.
Key Lime Juice vs Regular Lime Juice
The big differences is that key lime juice is a bit sweeter than regular lime juice, and it has a more intense flavor. Key limes are also less acidic than regular limes. When making this cocktail, we recommend using Key lime juice for the best flavor.
Where can you buy Key Lime Juice?
Key lime juice can be found in most grocery stores. They are usually located in the aisle with the other citrus juices.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
Bar Tools Needed
- Cocktail shaker – This is a must have for any cocktail enthusiast! Don’t have one? You can get a cocktail shaker bar set HERE to start making expert level cocktails fast.
- Jigger or measuring cup
- Martini Glass – a chilled martini glass is best.
- Vanilla Vodka – Regular vodka will also work, but we think the vanilla vodka gives the drink a more delicious and sweet flavor. Whipped cream vodka is also a great substitute.
- Key Lime Juice – For a stronger drink, you can substitute this with a key lime liqueur.
- Pineapple Juice
- Heavy Cream or Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- Lime wheel for garnish – Key limes work best.
- Ice Cubes
Making this Key lime pie martini is easy! Here are the 3 simple steps.
- Simply combine the vanilla vodka, key lime juice, pineapple juice, and heavy cream in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Shake well and strain into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!
How to serve this cocktail:
The Key lime pie martini is best served chilled. We recommend serving this cocktail in a chilled martini glass, but it can also be served in a rocks cocktail glass. If you are serving this drink at a party, be sure to make enough for everyone to enjoy!
How to create a Graham Cracker Rim :
If you want to add a bit of crunch to your Key lime pie martini, try rimming the martini glass with Graham cracker crumbs. To do this, simply wet the rim of the glass with a lime wedge and then dip it in a shallow dish of crushed graham crackers. This will give your cocktail a delicious and festive touch!
Two easy ways to crush graham crackers are to either use a food processor or placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing them by hand.
Can you make it Nonalcoholic?
Yes! This Key lime pie martini recipe can easily be made nonalcoholic. Simply omit the vodka and replace it with club soda or lemon-lime soda. This drink will still be refreshing and flavorful, and your guests will love it!
Perfect Pairing for the Key Lime Pie Martini
This Key lime pie martini pairs perfectly with a summer BBQ or picnic. We recommend serving it with grilled chicken, fish, or veggies. It also goes well with fruit salad or a light pasta dish.
No matter what you serve it with, this Key lime pie martini is sure to be a hit! So go ahead and
There are many ways to make this Key lime pie martini. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Add a shot of tequila for a twist on the classic margarita
- Use lemon juice instead of lime juice for a tart and refreshing drink
- Omit the lime wheel and garnish with whipped cream and graham crackers
- Add a splash of coconut rum or gin and toasted coconut milk for an island-inspired twist
- Use pineapple juice instead of lime juice for a delicious and tropical drink
- You can add a little simple syrup to make the cocktail sweeter
Key Lime Pie Martini Recipe
Best Key Lime Pie Martini
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini Glass
- 3 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 oz Key Lime Juice
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 Key Lime Wedge (Garnish)
- Graham Crackers Crumbs (Garnish)
- Fill Martini Glass with Ice and let Sit for a Couple Minutes (Chill Glass)
- Once Chilled, Remove Ice from Martini Glass
- Rub Rim of Martini Glass with Lime Wedge and Dip in Graham Cracker Crumbs till Rim is Coated
- Add Ice, Vanilla Vodka, Key Lime Juice, Pineapple Juice, and Heavy Cream to Cocktail Shaker
- Shake Well Until Ingredients are Fully Mixed and Chilled (15-20 Seconds)
- Strain into Chilled Martini Glass
- Garnish with Lime Wedge
- Add 1/4 oz Simple Syrup to make a sweeter cocktail.
Final Cocktail Thoughts
The Key Lime Pie Martini is the perfect summertime drink! It’s refreshing, flavorful, and easy to make.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think! Cheers!
Similar Cocktail Recipes
Did you like this Key Lime Pie Martini recipe? We have lots of other delicious cocktail recipes on our site. Be sure to check them out!
The Caipiroska is a delightful and crisp lime flavored cocktail. It contains 3 simple ingredients, but is big on taste.
The Mojito is one of the top all-time summertime cocktails. Lime, mint, and rum are masterly blended to create this super refreshing drink.