This page may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer for more information. Always drink responsibly and adhere to your local legal drinking age.
Introduction: Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac
Discover the exquisite taste and rich history behind Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac, a timeless classic beloved by cognac enthusiasts worldwide.
With an alluring blend of caramel, vanilla, and stone fruit flavors elevated by a prominent oak note, this medium to heavy-bodied spirit offers an approachable yet complex tasting experience.
Explore our comprehensive review unveiling the legacy, expert opinions, perfect pairings, cocktail tips, and more for this top-tier libation crafted with royal consent.
The Legacy Of The Royal Accord And The Secret Blend Of Eaux-de-vie
The story behind Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac dates back centuries when King Louis XV of France granted permission to plant new vines in the royal vineyards.
A crucial component that sets Rémy Martin’s 1738 Accord Royal apart from other cognacs is its intricate blending process. Each eau-de-vie selected for the blend is aged between four and twenty years, ensuring a perfect harmony between young and mature spirits.
Hailing from two exceptional regions of Champagne in France – Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne – the grapes used for crafting this eaux-de-vie are known for their high-quality character.
This ancient artistry encapsulates generations of expertise passed down through master blenders at Rémy Martin’s esteemed cognac house since 1724! So whether you’re sipping it neat or mixing it into an elegant cocktail creation like Sidecar’s featuring Cointreau along with fresh lemon juice – there’s no denying that you’re indulging in a part of history when enjoying a glass of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac.
Tasting Notes And Flavor Profile Of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal
Savor the aroma and bouquet of wildflowers, oak, and vanilla with each sip, while the palate and finish offer notes of caramel, spices, and fruit – discover more about Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal’s rich flavor profile.
Aroma And Bouquet Of Wildflowers, Oak, And Vanilla
The alluring aroma and bouquet of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac capture the attention of cocktail drinkers with its enchanting combination of wildflowers, oak, and vanilla.
As you uncork the bottle, enticing scents from years of aging in Limousin oak barrels reach your nostrils and evoke a sense of sophistication only in high-end spirits.
Imagine sipping on an expertly crafted cocktail infused with notes of fragrant wildflowers reminiscent of springtime in France’s picturesque countryside. Revel in how every element mingles perfectly with velvety hints of vanilla – undoubtedly brought forth by those Limousin oak barrels – while subtle rich oak undertones give it depth and character.
This captivating blend adds complexity to any drink concoction without overpowering other flavors or diminishing its smoothness.
Palate And Finish Of Caramel, Spices, And Fruit
One key aspect distinguishing Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac from others is its vibrant and diverse palate, offering a delightful balance of caramel sweetness, zesty spices, and luscious fruit flavors.
Upon sipping this exquisite spirit, your taste buds will be met with an initial burst of dried figs and ripe fruits such as apricot and peach.
The finish brings forth a medley of baking spices like cinnamon and whispers of mocha undertones for an added layer of complexity. This tasteful blend owes part of its extraordinary smoothness to Rémy Martin’s long and soft barrel toasting technique, allowing each element in the flavor profile to harmonize harmoniously.
Expert Reviews And Consumer Ratings Of Rémy Martin 1738 Cognac
Cognac experts praise the smoothness and complexity of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal, with a high nose, taste, and finish scores; consumers also rave about its value for its price point.
Nose, Taste, And Finish Scores From Cognac Experts
The Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac has garnered the attention and praise of cognac experts for its exceptional nose, taste, and finish. The table below highlights their scores for each aspect of this luxurious cognac.
These scores reflect the rich and complex aroma of wildflowers, oak, and vanilla that greets the senses upon first encountering the cognac. Its sweet and syrupy notes of apples, raisins, and figs characterize the taste, making it appealing to cocktail drinkers and whiskey lovers alike. With its dry and slightly woody essence, the finish provides an excellent balance to the initial sweetness and lingers on the palate long after the final sip.
Smoothness, Complexity, And Value Ratings From Consumers
Consumers seem to appreciate this exceptional drink when it comes to the smoothness, complexity, and value of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac. The following table showcases the ratings gathered from the reviews of various cocktail drinkers who have experienced this cognac.
As the table illustrates, Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal boasts a consistently high smoothness rating, with an average score of around 4.7 out of 5. The complexity of this cognac is also well-regarded by consumers, scoring an average of 4.7 out of 5. Value-wise, the Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal maintains a strong reputation, receiving an average score of 4.3 out of 5. These ratings show that this cognac is a timeless classic for both seasoned cognac enthusiasts and casual drinkers.
How To Best Enjoy Rémy Martin 1738 Cognac
Discover the perfect way to experience Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal by learning the best serving temperature, glassware, food pairings, and cocktail tips – read on to elevate your cognac game.
Perfect Serving Temperature And Glassware
Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal cognac is best enjoyed when served at the right temperature and in the right glassware. Here’s what you need to know:
- Serving Temperature:
- The ideal serving temperature for Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal cognac is between 60°F and 65°F.
- This temperature range allows the flavors to develop fully without being too overwhelming.
- To achieve this temperature, chill the cognac bottle in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving, or add a few ice cubes to your glass.
- Use a tulip-shaped glass for Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal cognac.
- This shape helps concentrate the cognac’s aromas and flavors, allowing you to appreciate its complexity fully.
- Avoid using a tumbler or rocks glass; they do not allow for proper aroma diffusion.
- Pour about an ounce or two of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal cognac into your tulip-shaped glass.
- Hold the glass by its stem so your hand doesn’t warm up the liquor inside.
- Take small sips, allowing the flavor to linger on your palate before swallowing.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to fully enjoy all of the rich flavors and aromas that Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal has to offer.
Food And Dessert Pairings
Pairing Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac with complimentary food and desserts can make it a transcendent experience, enhancing the flavor profiles of both the spirit and the dish. Here are some recommended combinations:
- Lobster bisque: The creaminess of this hearty soup pairs well with the smoothness and complexity of Rémy Martin 1738.
- Chicken cordon bleu: The richness of this dish, with its ham and cheese filling, complements the caramel notes in the cognac.
- Veal Parmesan: The spiciness of this classic Italian dish up well to the cinnamon and baking spice notes in Rémy Martin 1738.
- Chocolate dessert: The fruity undertones in the cognac pair well with chocolate, making it an excellent after-dinner drink.
- Umami-rich dishes such as grilled mushrooms or miso-glazed salmon go surprisingly well with Rémy Martin 1738 due to its earthy tones that deepen those umami flavors.
- Fatty cheeses like Roquefort or Camembert bring out the woody nuances in the cognac, while dried fruits like figs or apricots match perfectly with their fruity and floral aromas.
Remember, when pairing spirits with food, consider matching flavors, textures, temperatures, and intensities so that neither overpowers the other for an ultimate pleasantry experience.
Cocktail And Mixology Tips
If you’re a cocktail enthusiast, Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal cognac is the perfect choice for mixing drinks. Here are some tips to get the most out of your cocktail experience:
- Stay simple: Because of its unique flavor profile, Rémy Martin 1738 is a versatile spirit that pairs well with various mixers and additives. However, keeping things simple and letting the cognac shine through is best.
- Try classic cocktails: Classics like the Sidecar or Vieux Carré are great options for this smooth and flavorful cognac. The natural sweetness of the cognac pairs perfectly with the tart citrus flavors found in these classics.
- Experiment with new additions: While simplicity is key, don’t be afraid to add fresh ingredients that complement the flavor profile 1738. Spices like cinnamon and nutmeg can enhance the flavor notes in the cognac, while sour mixers like lemon juice can add complexity.
- Use quality ice: The quality of ice used in your Rémy Martin 1738 cocktail matters as much as any other ingredient you use. Use large, clear ice cubes from filtered water to ensure they don’t dilute your drink or add impurities.
- Serve at the right temperature: Serving temperature affects taste, especially for spirits like cognac. Room temperature or slightly chilled (no more than 60°F) is ideal for serving Rémy Martin 1738 so that you get maximum aroma and flavor notes from this magnificent blend.
Overall, Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal offers a wide range of mixology possibilities, from classic recipes to experimental concoctions, and it’s hard to go wrong when experimenting with this fine spirit!
Q: What is Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal?
A: Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal is a type of cognac produced by the Rémy Martin brand. It is a “very special old pale” (VSOP) cognac, meaning that it has been aged between 4 and 20 years before being bottled. It is named after King Louis XV’s accord in 1738 to grant his royal brandy suppliers the right to plant new vines on his land in the Cognac region of France.
Q: What is the difference between Rémy Martin and other cognac brands?
A: Rémy Martin has unique aging process and blending technique sets them apart from other cognac brands. They use only the finest grapes from the Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne regions of Cognac, France, and their barrels are made of Limousin oak, which imparts a unique flavor to the cognac.
Q: What does VSOP mean?
A: VSOP stands for “very special old pale” and refers to cognacs aged for at least four years in oak barrels. This designation guarantees a consistent level of quality in the aging process and flavor of the cognac.
Q: What is the difference between VSOP and XO?
A: XO stands for “extra old” and refers to cognacs aged for at least six years in oak barrels. This designation is a step above VSOP and usually denotes a higher quality and richer flavor profile.
Q: What is cognac?
A: Cognac is a type of brandy made from white wine grapes grown in the Cognac region of France. It is distilled twice and then aged in oak barrels for at least two years. The resulting spirit has a unique flavor profile that ranges from spicy and fruity to oaky and complex.
Q: Is Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal a good cognac?
A: Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal is widely regarded as a high-quality and flavorful cognac. It has received positive reviews from many spirits experts and is popular among cognac enthusiasts.
Q: What other spirits can be compared to cognac?
A: Brandy and Scotch are often compared to cognac because they are similar distilled spirits aged in oak barrels. However, cognac is unique because it is made from grapes grown in a particular France region and has a distinct flavor profile.
Q: What is the flavor profile of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal?
A: Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal has a rich and complex flavor profile characterized by fruitcake, butterscotch, and oak notes. It is spicy on the palate with a slightly astringent finish.
Q: How do you pronounce Rémy Martin?
A: Rémy Martin is pronounced “ray-mee mar-tan” with an emphasis on the first syllable of each word.
Q: Can Rémy Martin 1738 be paired with food?
A: Yes, Rémy Martin 1738 pairs well with strong cheeses, dark chocolate, and cigar smoke. It can also be used as a substitute for Cointreau in cocktails for a richer, more complex flavor.
Q: Does Rémy Martin have other cognac products in their portfolio?
A: Yes, Rémy Martin has a wide range of cognac products in their portfolio, including VSOP, XO, and Fine Champagne cognacs. One popular product is the Rémy Martin Centaur Limited Edition, a blend of cognac aged between 4 and 20 years and packaged in a unique bottle with a cork stopper.
Conclusion: Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac, A Timeless Classic For Cognac Enthusiasts
In conclusion, Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal Cognac is a must-try for all cocktail enthusiasts. Its smoothness and unique flavor profile make it easy to see why this cognac has a loyal following.
The blend of over 240 eaux-de-vie gives it a complex, fruity taste with hints of vanilla and oak, making it perfect for sipping or mixing in your favorite cocktails.
Plus, at an affordable price compared to other high-end cognacs on the market, you don’t have to break the bank to enjoy a timeless classic like Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal.